Friday, August 7, 2009

Feature Friday!

Julie at EAB Designs knows what I like. When she e-mailed me this Craigslist find of hers, I almost fell out of my seat! I have been looking for a flat file like this forEVER. This is her before. Kind of icky and old looking, right?

6a0105349b1e5c970b0115708b32e3970c-450wi

Well, look at how she beautified it. Amazing. Absolutely uh-may-zing.

EAB

Her drool-worthiness doesn’t stop there. I’ve seen these Ikea storage units all over the web. While most people adorn them with adorable scrap paper, it just wasn’t what I was looking for. Julie knows me. Julie knows that this is exactly what I want. WHY didn’t I buy one of these??

6a0105349b1e5c970b0115714d02e1970c-500wi

Hold onto your boots, ladies. Julie screen printed this on burlap. We love screen printing, and we love burlap. This is just a preview. Go check out the rest of this table setting and all the other gorgeous ideas she provides!

6a0105349b1e5c970b0120a4ca7ed9970b-800wi

Brittany at The Dalomba Days is my thrifting soulmate. This girl is GOOD. Here’s a dresser she found.

dalomba

Oops. Sorry. Here’s a gorgeous entertainment center she found!

dalomba2

She’s so good at showing off her thrifting finds, that I find myself quite envious that I wasn’t right there with her. .50 cent plate stand…

dalom4

…quickly turns into a million bucks with some spray paint and a new home! How great! Please go say hi. This thrifter deserves it.

dalomba3

Jessica at Jessica Leigh is one of those photographers that you either wish you were or wish you were best friends with. Think of all the free photography you could get!

jessica

jessica1

Of course, we can now envy her even more because she’s building a new house. I secretly begged asked her for some house photos, and she sent along this sneak peak.

jessica2

The top chandelier is in her craft room (I know…we’re starting to dislike her, aren’t we?). The one below was a Craigslist $15.00 find that she painted red in her mudroom! You know how I feel about mudrooms!! Head on over and check out all her talents!

jessica3

Okay. If you know anything about my decorating style, you could say I’m a neutral lover at heart. However, I’m in love with Sara at Sara’s Art House and her ability to splash color on everything that might step in front of her!

saras

She’s a wonderful decorator, and the girl is an ARTIST. I mean a real one. She doesn’t use paint cans and a ruler as her template, apparently.

sara1

One of my favorite things she’s done is this fabric enhanced shirt. I just can’t get over her use of colors. She’s not afraid (like I am), and it is so fun looking at everything in her home (and in her closet!).

sarashirt

I guarantee you’ll feel a little cheerier after you visit Sara’s house. Go say hi!

And finally…

Giveaway on Monday!!

It’s been a minute since my last giveaway, so I’m thinking it’s time…don’t you?? Come back on Monday to see what’s being offered! I’m so excited for this, and I’m really hoping I win! Oh wait. I can’t win. But YOU can! See you on Monday!

25 comments:

The Runyans said...

so so happy. stayed up when there are 9 million things i need to be sleeping for to see your write up. you are so precious. come to east TN anytime, and bring your family and get some pics on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi said...

Okay...love EVERYTHING about this post! One of my fellow teachers had her husband make her a flat file cabinet for all her bulletin board stuff. I know...I'm jealous.

JHalmes said...

What a compilation! I loved the variety of featured bloggers you have today. Fantastic!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm a neutral loving girl myself, but I can't wait to study all these blogs. I love that you do this.

Unknown said...

Love all the sites you highlighted! Can't wait to visit them.

dotti white said...

I love this post! Thanks for all the cool links and inspiration! You are amazing just like all of them! Have a wonderful weekend!

Robin Johnson said...

Thanks for sharing such wonderful links. I am loving all your suggestions. Thanks.

Junkie Gems said...

Fantastic entry! Lovin all the talent out there. Fun to visit other blogs with same interests. Thanks for posting those sights.

Alluring Interiors said...

Wow! Fabulous features...Thanks for sharing...totally worth it!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wonderful features and I love the pics! I tried to get to Jessica Leigh's blog from your link but it comes up as not found.

Decor To Adore said...

What talented girls!

Kristen said...

Great finds! Off to he k them out. Keyboard is a ting up again. Homeless blogger alert! :) Have a great weekend hris!

Melinda said...

Hi! Chris--

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything especially the T-shirt. Wonderful colors! Need to check these goodies out.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Melinda

Rachelle said...

Love the file dresser! That would be perfect in my house, right now I'm using a big ol' tub for all my crap- er.. scrapbook paper! :)

Thanks for all the lovelies. Gotta go check em out!

the undomesticated wife said...

Those are all great projects...this is why I love blogging!

Unknown said...

Great post - I love all the pictures you shared! I never seem to have much luck finding thrift items, but, I do love that flat file cabinet.

LWLH said...

Great features! : )
Love the dresser, looks completely different.

Taryn Zerner said...

That is a hoot! I have been looking for one of these flat files too! LOL! I am totally serious. They are so great, aren't they?
Okay, and I am in love with every single thing you mentioned in this post. It's so great!

Love,
Taryn

sara said...

Thanks so much for the feature! And how fun to be featured next to Jessica! She is an awesome photographer.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments! I love what you do and that you use the softer colors- LOVE the flat file drawers!!!! Awesome for scrapbook paper!

Courtney said...

Thanks for sharing these great blogs, I am headed over to check them out!

Pink Stitches said...

Some more lovely links!
If only I could sneak a flat file cupboard from work to re style! I think they might notice! Lovely photography that has inspired me to get a new camera and if only I had the confidence to get rid of all my magnolia walls like the fab Art House!
I think I'm just a magnolia, white, black and pink girl!

Tresa said...

My daughter told me about your blog a few months ago and ever since, I've been hooked! You crack me up and inspire me! Yesterday, while we were shopping at Goodwill, I picked up an item and said to my daughter, "What do you think just-a-girl would do with this?". We giggled (and truly wondered what you would do). Anyway, I'm gaining confidence on making over some of my recent Goodwill purchases. Thank you!

Melinda said...

Hello Chris--

Just wanted you to know that
I "tagged" you on my blog...
please come by and pick it up.
It's fun.

Melinda

Kenningtons said...

LOVE sara's art house!!! I want to live there. I think it would be so much fun as a child to grow up in a house with so much color and whimsy. I've been inspired!!

Simply Delightful said...

I love the Feature Fridays you have been doing. The projects and blogs are great it is fun to find some new fabulous blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...