Anyone remember this? No, I’m not talking about the bedroom. I’m pointing out the erroneous purchase of 84” panels instead of 90”. Now you’re remembering, right?
Well, I finally got around to fixing the problem—for free. With the purchase of the new daybed, I no longer had use for my daughter’s bedskirt. It was a Pottery Barn purchase, and the skirt was a heavyweight quilted panel.
With scissors in hand, I chopped the skirt part right off the panel. Because it had a cute pleat in the middle of it, I had to line it up right with my shorty short curtain.
I didn’t even worry about the shredded material that was still attached. I knew I’d be covering it anyway.
I know I could have sewn this, but I didn’t want the worry of puckering or crazy stitches (both of which would have happened). Instead, I used this HeatnBond hem adhesive. It’s so easy to do, and it HOLDS!
I simply lined the bottom of the curtain with the adhesive hem, ironed it down, and it was done. I forgot to take a picture of it, but I used some ribbon I already had, ironed it down as well, and it hid the frayed edges! Ta-da!!
So… (or should I say no-sew) for free, I was able to fix what used to be a “design” faux pas and make it worthy of the window treatment gods.
It’s just another example of how much money “shopping the house” can save you. Now if I could just find a maid somewhere in this house…