Monday, July 14, 2008

Drum Roll Please!

Well, I was beginning to become overly embarassed by my previous picture of my closet, so I kicked it into gear this morning. I think some of you were deceived that this closet is just mine. Oh no, it's his too. However, he doesn't really take up much space. I truly believe that if one woman can't get her clothes into a closet this size, she has one of two problems: 1. She doesn't get rid of her old clothes often enough. 2. She buys way too many clothes.

One of my favorite purchases ever is the wooden hangers. Right now my husband has all of them so his clothes don't droop. I bought these at Ikea. They were @ $3.00 for 10 of them. You just can't go wrong at that price. The only problem is that I live 2 hours away from Ikea. Hmm...I just counted that I need about 90 more. I just typed 5 simple sentences in a row. My writing skills are lacking. (Make that 7 simple sentences.) Looks like a trip to Ikea may be in my future, but I have to make it through this darn spending freeze first!
I don't know what to do about shoe storage, but this seems to work best for me. All my "out-of-season" shoes are kept here, and my "in-season" shoes are in my mudroom closet. I plan on taking pictures of the shoes inside and attaching it to the container. What do you do with your shoes?

I tagged the bins and put miscellaneous stuff that just doesn't sit well in a closet. For instance, swimsuits that just don't stay in place and baseball caps that are an eyesore!
So there it is. I'm purging clothes, washing clothes, folding clothes--I'm sick of clothes! This will be my biggest summer project, and I can't wait for it to be done! Thanks for your patience in the reveal. I'll have some more fun stuff coming up.

19 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Oh, this looks so nice. It is motivating me to do this!!! Our closet is awful!

Amy Jo said...

The closet looks great!! So inspiring.....I want to go clean mine out. I looks beautiful. I love the containers for wrestling, swim trunks, etc.. What a great idea. I hate that all that stuff ends up all over. I'm off to clean!

Stephanie said...

When can you come do my closet?! Wow! I thought I was organized but you make me feel like a total mess! Way to go on the organization skills!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! That looks great! My shoes just sit on the floor.

Can you get the hangers online? Or do you have a friend that lives close that could mail some to you?

I'm guessing it's option 3 and you just want an excuse to go to Ikea, right?

Suzanne said...

Great closet, Chris. We've got big ones, too, but they're not nearly as organized! Maybe this will inspire me.

BTW, where did you get those tags?

lyn said...

it looks amazing! i've been trying to plan out my closet. it is 8' deep X 12' wide and i have no idea how to organize it! my hubby says he'll build what ever shelves, baskets, etc. i want, but i have figure out what i want first. ideas?

Caren said...

It looks really good, I'm quite impressed. Maybe your hard work will motivate me....nah, probably not!

Kristen said...

It looks terrific! Makes me want to clean out my closet but first I need which of 3 sizes I would like to be. That is my problem - too many sizes of clothes! I have an IKEA about 10 min from me...might be hitting that tomorrow for some great hangers!!

sweet momma luv u said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sweet momma luv u said...

Okay, so I was reading my post and I missed a letter in a word. Therefore the little person in me had to delete my comment. Sorry about that.

What I said was I love the tags! I am going to have to venture over to my uncrafty area and locate my stuff to make some. Everything is so neat and organized now. I've got to do it.


You continue to inspire me!

Jody

Lacy said...

Your hard work paid off....It looks like Mission Organization just left your closet. You should be proud. I didnt realize the wooden hangers were so inexpensive.

Shannon said...

This looks great!! The sad thing with our closet is that my husband is the fashionista and has probably double to triple the amount I have. :) I love the labled baskets. So much cuter than my rubbermaid containers! Ok, no I did not sew that duvet cover. I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond a couple of years ago. I bet you could make it though! I don't really know how to sew. :)

AJ said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! Your closet looks great. Maybe I'll get to mine today?! BTW, I'm also a non-scrapbooking scrapper. I have a whole room that I never use. But it's so pretty to look at;) Love your tags too.

Marilyn said...

What an inspiring post! I am NOT going to show pictures of my closet! LOL!! You are a very brave woman! I love those wooden hangers though and your idean of putting the "ugly" stuff in baskets - fabulous idea and the tags - WOW! That is so cool!! I love what you've done with it - I wanna go to Ikea too!! LOL but its an hour or so away from me...

Barbara said...

Your closet project turned out awesome!!! I am so proud to call you my daughter. Your tags are really pretty too. What a beautiful closet. (wish I had one that size)

Linda said...

Wow! You did a great job, so organized. Love the tags on the bastkets.
Blessings,
Linda

Cathy said...

I stumbled onto your blog through my sister Caren. I really love your ideas and your organizing!! My kind of girl!!

Saucy said...

I am a firm believer in matching wooden hangers - in all of my closets. It just has to be done. NO WIRE HANGERS!~!

Erikita said...

My hubby built in compartments for our shoes on the bottom on the closet. It's very similar to your clothes compartments but of course much smaller. For each compartment I'm able to squeeze in 3 pairs of heels. I did use clear med. size containers for "off season" clothing (inserted dryer sheets inside each) and stacked those on the upper double shelfs he put above our hanging clothes. That way no space is being wasted. Your closet looks very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...