Sunday, March 8, 2009

You Have Questions...

I have answers! Okay. This might be a lame excuse for a post, but I truly have been asked these questions more than once. My laziness tells me this is a brilliant idea. My creativity says "not so much".

If you haven't asked me any questions, and you don't want to know the answers, please come back another day. If you've been dying to know what color paint is in my dining room, this is just the post for you. Here we go...

1. I'm going to start off by giving you an answer that doesn't have an answer. Huh? I've been asked what kind of wood floors I have. I don't know. I should know. I do not.
However, I can tell you they take a beating. I don't believe in walking down the stairs with my dirty laundry. It's much more fun to make my daughter lay on the floor and cover her in them. Is that normal?

2. Next up? What grade/subject do I teach? I teach high school (9th grade) English. This was me and one of my best friends at parent teacher conferences. I find that less parents want to see you if you're dressed like this.

Okay, fine. It was a skit we did for our students. I was the "biker chick" on homecoming court. I had tatoos all over my arms, and I rode in on a Harley. Yes, I won.

3. I need to preface this picture with two things. I had just cleaned the table off from dinner, so no, the dishes were not done yet. Secondly, the Nemesis will do his very best to get into every. single. picture I take.
Soooo, what was the question? My kitchen table. It's made by Canadel, and we had it custom made. We chose the legs on both the table and chairs, the color, the backs of the chairs, you name it. Great company. Recommend highly.

4. Living room walls. The flanking walls (shown here) are Benjamin Moore Grant Beige.
The fireplace wall is also Benjamin Moore. It's Berkshire Beige. It's extremely subtle, but it's a tinge darker. Yes, I know. There's the dog.

5. My blog spot. My desk is made by Riverside Furniture. I think you can find it on their website. I bought it last year at a local furniture store. Again, great brand. Love their stuff.
6. Don't panic! We're nearly done! The second most asked question I get? What color the dining room and bathroom are.
When we built this house, I made sure every room had a partner. This brought some cohesion to the house. The paint is Willow by Martha Stewart. However, here's the bad part. I don't think she makes it anymore. As a matter of fact, I think the name Willow is used for a different paint color entirely. Sorry.
Here's a question in a question. The dining room table? Yup...some have asked. It's a Pottery Barn table. Don't stop reading this part--it's good! It was a $1200 table, and I got it for $325. You see those nicks on the side of the table--kind of by the buffed part of the corner? Yeah, I know. Huh? Well, that's why I got it so cheap! It was marked down and marked down some more.

7. Finally! The #1 question I get from readers???? Drum roll please.
What kind of dog is Maximus?

Are you kidding me? Don't I make it quite clear how I feel about this dog? Of all the things to wonder, that's what you want to know?
Well, I guess I don't blame you. He is huge, which raises curiosity. And he is a beautiful dog--who gets into all my pictures. He is a purebred Bullmastiff. And just so you don't go believing me when I tell you how dumb he is, here's a picture of him reading the side of a box from Christmas.
I kept tellin' him, "Just sound it out, buddy!" He's pretty smart!

43 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

How nice of you to share all this GREAT information. Says alot about you. : )
And for Maximus...what a cutie-pa-tootie. Seriously!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I loved this post! And as always, your house looks GORG. Now I'm off to check out Riverside Furniture and Canadell. I.Want.That.Desk.

...and she lived... said...

You have such a beautiful home! If my house looked like that I'd just walk around in awe of it's awesomeness all day.

{oc cottage} said...

He is adorable! What a face!!!!

m ^..^

Liz said...

Seeing how big Maximus is makes me glad that I talked Hubs out of getting a mastiff. Your home is beautiful and I love the dining table.

Jessica said...

You crack me up!!!!!!!!

LWLH said...

Love this post...your house is beautiful!! :)

dongdong said...

That last part about the dog is so funny. :) You have a great sense of humor.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Your house is just so perfect. I'm so bad at accessories and love to just stare and analyze pictures. Thanks

Mitten from Smitten said...

I absolutely LOVE bull mastiffs! Beautiful home, thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I love the house...really I do ...but you know we just adore that dog,ha! Loved the Q&A and the paint colors~

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

You & the dog....cracks me up! Your home is beautiful!

Woodard Gang said...

Love this post...and your home is beautiful :) The bathroom color on your walls in one of my favorite colors...it reminds me of the color "Silver Sage" from Restoration Hardware. Just in case someone who reads this really likes that color and now since you can't get it in Martha Stewart anymore...hope that helps :) I painted my sunroom in it in our last house and LOVED.IT!! I am just trying to figure out how I can use it now...

That Girl said...

lol at the dog reading!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Love reading your blog! Funny post! Love your dog! :)

Nina Diane said...

great post......funny

Tammy said...

You are so darn funny! Love the biker chick look. My yellow lab, Casper, is in almost every picture I take, just like Maximus. Too funny. In your first picture with your little girl and laundry, you can even see Maximus's legs at the top.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christy said...

I heart Maximus. :) I had a large loveable mutt, part Mastiff, Rottie & Lab. She was a big sweet oaf of 130 lbs, mostly drool. I can appreciate your adventures with the nemesis. Now, I am the proud momma of two crazy yeloow Lab bros, 18 mos old. Together they equal on nemesis in size, but are double the dopey trouble. :) We love them tho.

Kathy said...

Funny how you keep trying to convince us that you DON'T have it all together and we just won't believe you. Once again, not believing it :)

Desiree said...

Great post! You are too funny! Wish I had a teacher like you when I was in high school :-) Love your house too but you already knew that!!!

-Desiree

Sarah said...

Cute post! :) Love the tips! Uhm, your dog reads? Not fair! :) Well, mine eats gum out of my purse and I didn't even have to train her! LOL

Shell in your Pocket said...

Okay...that is one big dog...I loved reading all the information about you! A teacher..how wonderful!
sandy toe

Stacy said...

love your Maximus... I have a mixed breed bullmastiff. Same coloring, same face, same height, just lean like a Great Dane.

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

You are so hilarious... I really enjoy coming for a visit! We have a big ole dog too--she's not allowed in the house, though! You are much nicer...

Willo said...

I have always wanted a bullmastiff and reading your blog makes me want one more.

SoBella Creations said...

What a great Q&A Session. And Maximus is a cutie!

Lisa said...

I agree with Desiree ~ wish I had a teacher like you in high school! Love your blog and all of your posts. Thanks for sharing with us and your great sense of humor!

Unknown said...

What a great post! It was fun to read. Liked the biker outfits. Great way to keep the parents away huh. ha ha

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

You are so cute. Loved this post!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Just wanted to let you know that I frequently stalk your blog and I love it! You're hilarious and your ideas have been inspiring. (BTW-I've been a stalker for a few months now and have never commented...and I began feeling sort of creepy about it. Consider this my confession :). Gorgeous home and fantastic blogging!

Tennille said...

Love the Q&A session. I want to know if your desk is always that neat!! I love the "nemesis" and think he's an awesome looking little thing!!!

Mimi Sue said...

I love the floor coverings in your hall. But isn't it kinda lumpy? I think Maximus is kind of cute. Mimi

Susan@The Cozy Chickadee said...

I wonder if you've read the Henry and Mudge books, by Cynthia Rylant.
My kindergarten age daughter loves these, and I think Maximus is actually Mudge. Go see!

Willow Decor said...

So funny - My last house was painted Willow by Martha Stewart. My new house is painted Fieldstone by BM (1556) and Arctic Shadows (1557) both are close to Willow in color and tone!

Hope that helps anyone out there who wants that color!

Barb said...

Great post.. Wanted to know the name of the Berkshire Beige. Thanks. I don't have to clean up after Maximus so I think he is a pretty funny dog. Pretty too.

Mom

Barb said...

PS. You know how much I adore your lovely home. Love the desk and all the house pictures. You should add the photo of you on the Harley in the gym.. I loved it. I can see why you won. You are "totally" creative and funny. So glad your my daughter.....

Love my biker chic alot!

Mom

Natalia said...

My kitchen set is by Canadel as well (rhymed!) and it's the only furniture I still love from when I furnished my first place many moons ago. I loved this post!

Unknown said...

Okay, I know you don't want to hear this, but I LOVE the dog!!
Oh, and the table, and the desk and the paint colors and all that stuff too!

LuckyMe said...

Thanks for sharing so many pretty house pics. I love the round glass topped end table. Where did you get that?

I love the last picture of your dog. Cute! But I cannot imagine having a nonhuman of that girth roaming around the house. :)

G'night Gracie said...

I love Maximus. Wish he could come play with my giant dog! I really enjoy your blog!

AP Mommy said...

Your house is beautiful! Makes me want to start painting RIGHT now! :) And now I'll know where to go when I want to come back for some paint choices. :)

Corey said...

thanks for sharing! Maximus is cute. we have a huge golden retriever. i also scored a bargain on my Bassett china cabinet. we bought it for $800 marked down from $2000 for some nicks, scratches and a missing knob lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...