Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Collages

I was walking around dusting today...yes, dusting...and I was taking note of my photo collages. More importantly, I was noticing how very few of them are actually hanging on the wall. The Nester (my first link, did that work?) gave some advice about photo collages, and she was more in favor of hanging them. While I love everything she types, I find that my laziness wins out and I'm more of a leaner.




Can you imagine how long it would take me to hang all those pictures? The great thing about it is that I can change the arrangement whenever I want--including holiday arrangements, which are always fun.

Let's face it--I love to decorate, but I don't like it to be too much "technical" work. I wanna love something and put it out. Forget all that measuring, messing up, swearing, re-measuring, etc.


I thought I had a better picture of my landing, but, again, laziness prevailed and this is the one you get. As you might be able to tell, I even leaned a 36" picture. But just think about how simple that will be when I want to change it.


I'm starting to wonder if this post is less about ways to present photo collages and more about how decoratingly (yes, I just made that up) lazy I am. Just so you understand that I do hang some things, I'll leave you with my kids' art work. By the way, I'm a BIG fan of presenting artwork done by your kids in an "adult" way. Why not make it a piece of your decor?



Hope you enjoyed the "show". I did!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi! Stumbled across your blog via Nester (I love her!) but so nice to meet a fellow "leaner." No walls to patch and so easy to change! Your kitchen is beautiful! I'm shopping for granite right now - so I am slightly obsessed with kitchens at the moment!

Anonymous said...

I love how you framed your kids art. What a great idea. I'm totally going to steal this one!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Chris, thanks for leaving me a note, so nice to meet you. And congrats on starting a new blog, you are gonna have a great time. I had no idea what I was doing either over a year ago when I started mine, but it has really been a joy to make so many new friends.

I love your shelves & leaning them is just fine, I think too. As long as they don't fall, then why not! Your house looks beautiful, so I will look forward to coming back by again.

Rhoda

Linda said...

I found your blog through the nesting place. I have really enjoyed my visit here. I love the way you have grouped your pictures. I saw a post you did showing those little pails from target. I just did a project with them and posted it on my blog. I actually copied them from another blog and used them as teacher's gifts just like she did. Sorry for the long post I would have emailed but I did not see an email address.
Blessings,
Linda

angela | the painted house said...

LOVE the kids art!

Diane said...

Love your leaning pictures! Your house is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...