Monday, April 14, 2008

Hello....Kitchen.


If you're a Seinfeld fan like me, you'll know to say the title like Jerry referred to Newman. (Slight giggle to myself.) My house is only about 4 1/2 years old, and we custom built it. Believe me, I appreciate every aspect of being able to pick out every nook and cranny of our house. However, is it wrong that it's a few years later, and I'm still struggling with how to decorate it? I like the colors in my kitchen, but I do wish I would have gone with a more bold colored granite. I lean so much toward neutral colors that my house tends to look like there's nothing in it if you squint your eyes just right. I started out with this.


I purchased these plates in Tuscany, Italy about 7 years ago. I lugged those suckers around for DAYS, and it has been worth every sweaty, cramped-handed minute of it. I love these. So...the Italian inspiration took hold.


I was recently at Homegoods (Homegoods!) and I saw two beautiful glass urns with lemons and limes in them! Did I buy them? Of course not. That would make this blog post senseless because I would be more happy with my decor. Instead, the goddess of shopping has decided to punish me for my moment of, "Oh...I've spent so much already" weakness. Somewhere, some being is laughing at me for what she deems as human error--and I'll bet she's eating chocolate chip cookies.
What do you think? How do you decorate your kitchens?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Um, did I write this post? You saw my house -- it's very plain. We built it, too, last year.
My husband keeps saying it's too vanilla. I beg to differ -- it's more like 'French' vanilla!

Carla said...

I realize this post is from forever ago but I just wanted to say that I totally read the title like Jerry even before opening the full post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...