Saturday, January 3, 2009

I give up!

In order to do my next post, I am looking for my inspiration picture. I have looked at hundreds of images on the web, and I can't find it. So this is where you come in. One of our fellow bloggers has an antique dresser painted black. In place of the drawers, she put in two long, rectangular baskets and labeled them with her kids names. On top of the dresser, she has a couple of glass cookie jars with crayons and such in it. Does ANYONE know who she is? Where can I find her? Are you out there, inspiration girl??????? I will be forever indepted to the bounty hunter...errr...blogger who can find her.

Let this be a lesson--SAVE EVERY PICTURE YOU EVER FALL IN LOVE WITH!

On another quick note, you people amaze me. I asked, and you answered. A daybed it is! I had no idea I was in such a minority by having a "regular" bed growing up. Some of you have asked about the pictures, and I am now reminded that I didn't state where they came from.

The first one is by Stanley. It's the Young America series.
The second one is by Poshtots.com. If you've never been there before, prepare yourself. It's that good.

I'll be back with a regular post...I'm working on a couple of things, and they're drying right now. :)

17 comments:

Betsy said...

Good luck on finding that picture...that happens to me all the time. You would think I would learn.

Kaitlyn said...

I have zero idea, I am so sorry. But good luck!

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

I wish I could help - it sounds like a great idea! If, or when, you find it, let us know! I want to see it! :)

Cassandra said...

I think I saw something like that on We Are That Family. She was showing ideas that SHE liked from other places.

Laura said...

Sorry, I can't help you on the blogger you're looking for - but I do know that feeling. That's what we get for skipping and jumping around!

Unknown said...

Hope you find the missing post. Think I must have missed it myself!
Diane

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Mmmm... it sounds like you don't need the photo. You've got it in your head. I'm sure you'll come up with something great if you can't find it.

Kristen said...

I looked a little for you but came up with a whole lotta nothing! I've done that too though - lesson learned, save everything!

I hope someone can find it for you!

HouseMama said...

There is a similiar ideas at http://www.wearethatfamily.com (like the Cassandra said). It's one of the last posts under DECOR. Good luck-it sounds really cute!

Anonymous said...

I hope you find it. Sounds really cute. I was just thinking yesterday of a creative way to store crayons. All I came up with was a tupperware container that lunch meat comes in...real creative :)

-Hayley

Jodee said...

I hate when that happens! I hope you find it soon!

Anonymous said...

I found a few sites that you may like to see. These are not the one you remembered but if I happen to run across it I will try to let you know. You have a wonderful blog! (At this time I am not blogging, so I just have to include my email address) Debbie in WV

http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2008/10/i-just-like-a-little-change-now-and-then.html

http://mabelshouse.blogspot.com/2008/01/entry-way-project-six-dollar-cabinet.html

TidyMom said...

I'm coming up with a blank too - I hate when I do that too, I think "I'll remember where I saw that" - yeah right! --Now I use ClipMarks - have you tried that? I save every little thing I like and you can organize them, make notes etc.

Good Luck!
~Tidymom

Kimba said...

I hope you find the picture you're looking for. I hate when that happens. Can't wait to see your project.

A little tip for you...check craigslist for daybeds. I'm looking for one for my playroom and have been stalking craigslist every day waiting for the right one to show up.

K

Caren said...

I vaguely remember that post somewhere too but of course I can't remember who it was. Sounds like a super cute idea though, I know you'll pull it together with or without the original "inspiration" photo.

I think the day bed is going to be adorable! My son has some furniture from the Young America collection you mentioned and it's really nice. Well made and all that good stuff. Good luck finding what you want.

CocoJ126 said...

No clue...but I am wondering when you'll start Valentine Crafts? I am decorating a white Valentine tree this year (Walmart clearance $17.00!) And I have one idea for a tree topper...and was hoping for more....these are hard to find...the ideas I mean...and ornaments too. Thanks!
Corrie
http://cocojdesigns.blogspot.com/

Mom said...

I think you want Clover Lane.

http://www.turnersoncloverlane.com/search/label/Decorating%20and%20Organization%20Ideas

scroll down on that link.
Is that it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...