Nester’s having a “Price My Space” party. To see all the rules, go visit her site. I’m joining in because I love to know where people buy or find things for their home. Sure, I’m curious about how much things are, but I mostly need some validation that I’m normal to find my home decor at every place under the sun!
I’m not really sure how this is supposed to be set up, but I numbered things because I think that’s cool.
1. The leather chair is not top quality by any means, but it’s also not bottom of the barrel. We bought it for $500.00 at a large furniture store. It has held it’s own against a family of four and a dog who lays against it all day.
2. I truly don’t remember how much the couch and loveseat were, but (again) a large furniture store came in handy here. They are Bassett pieces, and they’ve held up well.
3. The curtains! My favorite purchase because I only spent $15.00 at TJMaxx. The trim was at Hobby Lobby, for like, $7.00.
4. This armoire (and the two tables) is made by Riverside Furniture. I LOVE their furniture, and I recommend it. Again…don’t remember the price, but I would never spend that much money now. Armoires just don’t need to cost that much, in my opinion.
5. Okay. I included the carpet. I’ve had a lot of people ask about it, so why not? It cost us $850. for this room. Way more than I wanted to spend, but I was VERY selective because I spend the entire winter planted right where the #5 is in the picture.
6. My favorite lamp. $17.00. Wait…$19.00? Something like that at Hobby Lobby.
7. My favorite lamp. Yes, I know I just said that. $12.00 at Big Lots, but I bought some green houndstooth fabric to re-cover it. It was like, $4.00.
1. This mirror was made for me. I wish the picture could show the details of the frame, but it’s just delightful. AND it goes so well with my room. It was $200 at Hobby Lobby, but I only spent $100.
2. I bought these sticks at Ikea for $14.00. The vase at Ikea to hold them was $40.00, but I held out and found mine at TJMaxx for $9.99.
3. The “table” is a Smith and Hawken planter. I put a round piece of glass on it, and called it good. It was $40.00.
My mantle is ever-changing, but here it is in its current state.
1. I’m in LOVE with lanterns right now. I can’t get enough of them! The big one was on clearance for $10.00 at Marshalls, and I splurged on the little one and spent $16.00 several weeks ago at TJMaxx. It really is all about timing when it comes to getting good deals. I almost spent $25 on the big one!
2. Okay. I spent some money on the art. I think the big tulip was, like, $30.00 or so. However, my frames were cheap, cheap, cheap! The big one was about $13.00 on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I had them add some glass, and voila!
3. I’m proud of the candlesticks, because Pottery Barn was offering them for about $70.00. I know this because my friend bought them, and was SO disgusted when she saw that I got them at Kohls for $19.99.
4. Lastly, my newest purchase is the tealight candle holder. $7.00 at Ikea. I LOVE how it looks at night.
I highly doubt that you’re still reading at this point, but here’s my advice. Buy a couple of solid, quality pieces for your room. I knew the furniture was going to have to be good. We spend 97% of our time in that room. However, you don’t have to break the bank to accessorize a room. This, in my opinion, is where you can be a LOT more selective about what you spend. Plus, it’s really fun when you get a good deal!!