Friday, August 28, 2009

Feature Friday!

Traci at Beneath My Heart seems to do it all.  This girl spots something in a catalog and simply says, “Oh, I can make that.” and she DOES.

She spotted these shelves in Ballard Designs and didn’t want to spend the money (who does?).

beneath2

My heart just skipped a beat.  She made them.  Yup. Made.  It gets better.  Check out this armoire that she worked on.

beneath

beneath1

Uhhhhh, not. bad.  She’ll show you how she did it if you want to take the plunge!  And lastly, ‘cause we all love a black door, here’s her transformation!

beneath3

I’m not kidding when I say there are pages and pages of this kind of stuff!  The girl. is. good.  Go say hi!

beneath4

Jess at The Adventures of Rory and Jess can sew.  It’s unfortunate because I can’t be friends with people who sew.  The envy would just get in the way of our friendship.  It would get ugly.  However, she does have some amazing things over at her blog.  Prepare yourself.

adven3

You see these kitchens?  Same kitchen.  No joke.  I just keep staring at them to see all the things she transformed.  Wonderful.

adven4

I have been wanting to make these wall decorations forEVER, and Jess did it.  Of course.  Don’t you just love them?

adven5

This idea went in my file of “things I want to do, but probably won’t because it intimidates me”.  It involves freezer paper, and she’ll show you how to do it!  Head on over to say hello!  You’d be doing yourself a disservice not to.

adven1

Courtney at One Day at a Time is one of those people.  She just does a little bit of everything, and you secretly wish you could be her you wish you could have her talent. 

oneday1

Ever wonder what $300 and some MDF can do for your closet?  Uhh…it can do this!  It’s just so dreamy.  I wanna watch TV in there.  And eat cookies.  Chocolate ones.

oneday

Apparently, cards are her “real” talent (as if they all aren’t).  I had a very difficult time choosing which one to include here.  They’re all wonderful!

oneday2

I absolutely loved this little trinket box.  What’s even better is it’s made out of a check box!  How come I never think of this stuff?  My old check boxes have…well…old checks in them!

oneday3

What a great week, eh?  These ladies definitely deserve some new readers, so I hope you can say hello to them! 

29 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

It never ceases to amaze me the talented bloggers out there. I guess I'll just stick right now to my coupon cutting. ;)

House Queen said...

Absolutely awesome ideas!!!!

dotti white said...

Wow...those are just amazing features! Thanks so much!!!

kimert said...

So much talent! Thanks for sharing!

Courtney Baker said...

Thanks for the feature! And trust me, really we all want to be you!

Let it Shine said...

LOVE that closet!!
Amazing.

Amanda said...

Love your Feature Friday's!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Awesome awesome awesome! Thanks - I'm going to check them out.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Wow - talent abounds! Thanks for sharing your faves!

Grace @ One Craft Girl's Corner said...

I love those shelves! I need to get me a saw and start workin!

LWLH said...

Love those shelves, ugh, I envy these girls! :)

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

wow! thanks for featuring me! i loove your blog so i am so excited! anyways...just sitting here smiling. thanks again, you made my day!

TanyaLea said...

FANTASTIC... I love creative people!! :)

Kari said...

Well, after reading this post I'm feeling a bit under-talented if that's a word. I use to have a tad bit of craftiness and ingenuity in me, but I think when I gave birth to my kids, the stuff left me.
Now I'm going to be looking around at all my stuff this weekend wondering why I don't have cool stuff like that.
Have a great weekend :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for featuring so many talented bloggers. My blog list keeps getting bigger and bigger! :o)

Pink Stitches said...

So much talent!! Especially loving that armoire. Off to check them all out :o)

Hello said...

Wow these ladies are amazing! Thanks for sharing...I just had to add some of them to my blogroll.

Prairie Girl Studio said...

seriously, i would like a bit of bottled 'traci, jess and courtney', please ... or at least their energy and gumption to accomplish all of these wonderful projects!
i think i need to sit down now ...
thanks for sharing girl!
have a good weekend,
prairiegirl

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Thanks for sharing these! I'll have to check them out. I did the embroidery hoops a couple posts back as well!

LacyHolly said...

Ohh!!! Those shelves make me want to make some! I might have to try :)

Nori said...

I just added your button to my blog. :) I've been inspired by your blog for quite some time, but just recently took the plunge and started some of my own transformations. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Julie said...

As if I needed to add anyone else to my reader!!! These are wonderful!

Thrifty Decor and More said...

Loving the armoire and that kitchen is beautiful!!

Kristen said...

WOW MFC, you've done it again! I quickly stopped by Traci's and I couldn't stop looking - what a great blog she has! Can't wait to check out the others. How do you find them?

Anonymous said...

wow, definitely need to go check her out!!

Anonymous said...

You have found the perfect blog for more inspiration for us. My Mom has an enterainment center almost exactly like Traci's. I showed her the picture and let's just say, white paint will be purchased soon and my husband will be cutting bead board for her.

Dream Mom said...

Wow-love the armoire and that kitchen makeover. You'd never know it was the same armoire!

There is just so much talent out there in blogland. Thank you for sharing these bloggers with us.

Roeshel said...

Wow - awesome creative inspiration! Thank you for the introductions!

:)

Roeshel

Shea Posey said...

That black door is amazing! I can't wait to move to my own place and start painting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...