Thursday, May 1, 2008

I got an award?!

Well that's it, folks. I am officially famous. I would just like to take a minute to thank all the little people who helped me get to where I am today. One of my new blogging friends, Marie, actually chose ME to give an award to! How cool is that? The only problem with it coming from her is that I would have given HER the award. Look what kind of dilemma she put me in. ;)
So, here are the rules:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award. (I'm already lost. I had to read this rule three times.)
4. The award winner and one who has given the prize has to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. Show these rules.

Now, I am new to blogging, but I am NOT new to lurking. This was a difficult choice, because so many of the "big" bloggers out there get the acknowledgement they deserve. However, I'm going to choose the blogs I adore that perhaps you don't know much about just yet. Here goes.
1. Ewer Wondering Not only does Suzanne crack me up, but also I think she's me. Could we HAVE more in common? You must visit her!
2. The Olsen Family Kris (great name, don't ya think?) is sooo sweet and checks in often. She has a beautiful blog, she has great things to say, and she's got great hair--even though she doesn't know it! :)
3. Bless Our Nest Shannon likes the details in the little things--like I do. Check out her blog on baskets. So cute!
(4. and 5. I'm going against my stated rule above because you need to know two of the blogs I visit religiously.)
4. Chatting at the Sky I know her sister has quite the following, but Emily can write! She's one of the few blogs I read word. for. word. and need no pictures to enjoy! She makes me laugh (a lot), and I would say I check her blog 10-20 times a day in hopes of a new post. You must see the new old house they bought. It's spectacular.
5. The Inspired Room Melissa somehow finds pictures all over the web that I have only dreamed of. She is one of the nicest and most welcoming bloggers I've met recently, and I feel like I'm talking to Oprah everytime she checks in! Her blog on Bora Bora is to die for. Oh, and check out her stunning home!
Are you kidding me? That's it?? Only five?! I could go on and on...and on. I have about a dozen blogs that keep me up late at night, but I hope you visit these five for now. Thank you, Marie, for giving me the opportunity to pass on this award to others!

4 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

An award for ME? Well happy day indeed! Thank you! I am quite honored (but Oprah? you silly girl!)...and am pleased to see a list of folks I do not think I know yet! I always love to meet some great new bloggers.

Ok, do I also get the award for the most comments in one day? :-) I will exit now. Bowing out the door. Thank you again for the kind words and the award!

xoxo

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

I meant, have I won the award for leaving the most comments on YOUR BLOG in one day...if I didn't get that award I surely will now...bowing out again....

emily freeman said...

WOW! An award?! I think this is the first award I've ever gotten in my life! (she says, shuffling her feet and twirling her hair around her double-jointed finger). You read me word for word?!?! I'm gonna have to start to be more careful! What a compliment and I'll have to see about handing out some awards myself...Thanks for the kudos!

Kristen said...

I thought my award was for lurking - I mean, I *should* win an award for that! But I will take one in honor of my hair...lol Now let me go re-read the instructions one more time....get ready, all my friends are going to start drooling over your cute first aid kits, etc. etc!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...